February 4, 2010

The Red Checkered Polo



They call me nerd, weird, idiot and so on...


Imagine me, someone who comes to class with unironed uniform, uncombed hair, filthy smell and with a blue briefcase walking with great dignity as I approach people and peers. What would you expect to happen? Yes, they laugh and mock at me. They treat me like an ill-gotten person. But no, for me I thought of it the other way, I make them happy and they are just insecure of me. That's why I am alone; I am a freak loner - for them. My one and only companion is my red-checkered polo; and wearing this long-time favorite suit has been a trait of my shameful past.


Out of self-pity, all I can do is to cry every single night. That has been almost for three weeks because I cannot avail to wear the prescribed uniform... I am being humiliated every day. I can't change my outworn outfit into something better like those worn by my fellow ones, for I don't have anything to change it. My favorite red-checkered polo has been already a memory of three generations.



More often than not, I fail to win my own friends, 'cause nobody dare trust my 'heinous' looks and retro-outfit! There is something in me who will soon burst...crucial will it be! Gibberish! For two months at school, I have contented myself in just sitting to the most cornered and remote place at our library. Engrossed in thinking of my egg viand on my plastic box for lunch...I keep it between the books in my briefcase, oh well, I mean egg for my breakfast but saved long to reach my lunch break. Terrible, isn't it?



I want to give up! How I wish our graduation come just fast to live this earth bound and superficial glow with my red checkered polo...How I long that the egg viand I've saved for lunch to become a roasted chicken by itself... But no matter how I wish and long for things, I always fail. It's because I have to wait more often for that graduation day to come. Oh, I'm growing old in this school. All I could routinely do whenever I meet fellow students is to cover my ears and close my eyes for their heartbreaking mockery, disgust and discrimination to me. But the more I close my eyes and tightly cover my ears, it is as if it becomes more vivid in my memory to see their mocking faces and to hear their gruel some voices. It really turns me to pieces.



But Yes! Despite all of this, I have to stay this long for I care for my scholarship and for my 'own' life...I still carry to live my hilarious looks though I tremble whenever I hear bad news as to closing of the school curriculum. And care to ask more "whys"? Because last month of July, I met someone who believes in me and this one is not afraid to be with me despite of my silly appearance, someone learns to love my red checkered polo... other than me. So keep quiet! Leave this 'someone' to me...

1 comment:

  1. I was humbled by this "redcheckered polo" guy. Reading this makes me thank GOD for all the blessings He has given me. Continue to be an inspiration to everyone through this blog. Keep safe all the time :)

    ReplyDelete